TALLADEGA, AL (WBRC)- Talladega officials have identified the Tennessee couple who suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning in their RV at the Talladega Superspeedway over the weekend.
Craig Franklin Morgan, 46, was found dead inside their motor home. His wife Jami Allison Morgan, 38, is in critical condition at UAB Hospital.
Talladega County Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore told FOX6 the couple came to the event with friends. The last time they spoke was Friday night before heading to bed.
"When they didn't have any contact or see them [Saturday] morning, I think they assumed they were walking the property or something and then when they weren't able to contact them, they went to the motor home and went inside and found them," Sheriff Kilgore explained.
Deputy Coroner Larry Seals said a gas stove was lit, most likely for heat. The exhaust pipe on the generator was broken. Authorities say the couple was exposed to carbon monoxide overnight.