National Get Outdoors Day event encourages healthy, active fun | Arts & Culture
The 4th annual National Get Outdoors Day event is an opportunity for Munford-area citizens to get outside and have fun with a variety of activites and live entertainment.
The event will take place at Munford Elementary School Saturday, May 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Live music will be provided by a local band and the Munford School Choir. Attendees can also participate in a zumba dance, hula hoop contest and virtual hunt.
The community will have a chance to learn from displays of model planes, Native American artifacts, a grist mill and antique farm equipment. The Anniston Museum of Natural History and a local black smith will also host demonstrations.
Parking for the event will be available at Munford Middle and High schools. For questions or more information, please visit the Munford event's webpage at nationalgetoutdoorsday.org/locations/detail/?id=440.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck
- Lanes reopened after 18-wheeler turns over on I-20