Police search for mother, daughter shooting death suspect in Talladega | Crime
By Dixon Hayes
Two days after a double homicide in Talladega, authorities are still looking for the main suspect in the case.
Talladega Police said Carolyn Adams and her daughter, Toni, were found shot to death at their mobile home on Swain Drive.
Police are searching for Anthery Dowdell, 37, who they said fathered several of Toni Adams’ children. Dowdell was allegedly kicked out of the Adams’ residence shortly before the shooting.
“I don’t know if he’s in Talladega, I don’t know if he’s in the county,” Capt. Ronnie Jones with the Talladega Police Department said. “I don’t know where he is because if I knew where he was, I’d be standing right beside him putting the handcuffs on him. So we’re under the assumption that he’s here.”
Authorities said there have been numerous reports of sightings, but they always come hours after the fact. Anyone who sees Dowdell should call police immediately and give a precise location.
According to a 2005 arrest record from Hillsborough County, Fla., Dowdell is a black male, 5 foot 6 inches tall, weighing 220 pounds.
The phone number for the Talladega Police Department is 256-362-4162. Or, dial 911.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck