Honda co-workers split $250,000 in lottery win | News
LINCOLN, AL (WBRC)- A group of 25 Honda plant workers in Lincoln pooled together their money to buy tickets in the Mega Millions Jackpot and ended up winning a total of $250,000.
The group of assembly line workers, dubbed "The Lucky 25," matched the first five winning numbers of the $646 million lottery, winning them $250,000 that they'll split evenly 25 ways.
In a video posted to YouTube by the Georgia Lottery, the group said their advice to other office pools is to pick one person as the "chief" who is trustworthy with everyone's money.
The Honda workers may not be millionaires, but each one walked away with $10,000.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck
- Lanes reopened after 18-wheeler turns over on I-20